CANDLE CARE AND SAFETY
All candleworx soy wax products are completely produced by hand, from the highest quality natural and renewable raw materials. This ensures you receive the highest quality product.
As with any item involving heat and/or flame, there are some very simple steps which should be followed to ensure safe use of the item. Following these simple steps will also help you get the very best experience from your candle or melt.
- Although soy wax burns at a lower temperature than some other, more common wax types - it should still be considered dangerous and treated with care.
- The wax and the container may be quite hot during the burning process. Keep the burning candle away from children and animals and only burn candles on a heat resistant surface, away from other flammable objects.
- Always extinguish the candle completely. Never burn a candle for longer than 3 hours at any one time.
- Do not allow candles to burn completely to the bottom of the container. There should always be sufficient wax in the container to absorb the heat. Extinguish candles when there is approximately 5mm of wax left in the bottom.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not move a burning candle and keep burning candles away from drafts.
- Before each burn, trim the wick down to about 5mm length. We have done the first one for you, so your new candle is ready to use as soon as you receive it.
- Allow the first burn to achieve a full melt pool. This means allowing the candle to fully melt the wax to all sides of the container. This only needs to be done on the first burn and will allow the candle to burn evenly from then on, without leaving wax behind on the sides of the container.
- Store candles in a cool, dark place. Candles can turn a yellowish colour after extended periods in sunlight.
- Keep the candle clean by not leaving matches, wick cuttings or other debris inside the candle. Used wicks can best be trimmed using a pair of wick trimmers